Safe Healthy Natural Pregnancy, Birth and Baby Care with Homeopathy
Is Homeopathy really safe during pregnancy?
One of the biggest reasons for homeopathy’s rise in popularity is its safety profile for everyone from pregnant, and nursing women to newborns and children of all ages.
Homeopathic medicines cannot cause side effects because only a minute amount of the active ingredients is used in their preparation. They work by stimulating the body’s own healing powers.
When is the best time to start homeopathic care?
- There is no better gift for a newborn than mom and dad receiving constitutional homeopathic care before conception. Homeopaths know that physical, mental, and complex immunological patterns can be passed through genes. If these imbalances are addressed prior to conception, there is a much greater likelihood that the baby will be healthier on all levels.
- It’s never too late to start. By stimulating the vitality of a pregnant woman, homeopathic treatment will automatically benefit her baby. By being as healthy as possible during pregnancy you are giving your baby the ideal conditions in which to thrive.
What conditions can be treated?
- The many physical and emotional changes of pregnancy may cause minor health problems, such as morning sickness, mild urinary problems, diarrhea, heartburn, anemia, varicose veins, backache, cramps, thrush or emotional distress. All these problems and even more potentially complicated symptoms such as raised blood pressure or edema can still be helped by professional homeopathic treatment.
What about diet & exercise?
- During pregnancy it is especially important to eat well from a wide range of foods. Do avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine, and diet foods containing phenylalanine and aspartame, as these can be dangerous for your health and that of your unborn child. Increase your intake of folic acid and iron-rich foods to keep up with an increased demand. Foods to include; green, leafy vegetables, blackstrap molasses, dried peaches and apricots, legumes, whole grains, salmon, seeds, nuts, eggs, and brewer's yeast. Take Vitamin C with meals for better absorption of these nutrients. Be sure to get plenty of rest and sleep!
- Exercise regularly! Yoga has been found to be particularly helpful during pregnancy and as preparation for birth.
Can homeopathy help during the birth?
- There are many effective remedies that can help deal with possible problems during childbirth, such as a cervix which is slow to dilate, pain, excessive bleeding, retained placenta and other difficulties. These need to be prescribed for by an experienced homeopath. Ask your homeopath if they will supply a labor kit.
Healing after the birth
- After the birth homeopathic remedies speed healing for yourself and your baby - this will help make the experience more enjoyable for both of you.
Can homeopathy help with breastfeeding problems?
- Yes it can. There are some problems that can make it difficult for women to breastfeed successfully including mastitis, painful nipples and a slow milk supply.
- Homeopaths recognize that breast milk gives babies a good start in life, so do keep in touch with your homeopath if you are wanting to breastfeed and finding it painful or difficult or both.
- Babies tend to respond quickly to homeopathic treatment. There are homeopathic remedies to help relieve the pains of colic, teething, and diaper rash, as well as for more serious problems.
Safety Tips for Expectant Moms
- Avoid the following herbs during pregnancy: Angelica, barberry, black cohosh, bloodroot, cat’s claw, celandine, cottonwood bark, dong quai, feverfew, goldenseal, lobelia, Oregon grape, pennyroyal, rue, and tansy.
- Avoid the following medications, which can stunt fetal growth: acetaminophen (Tylenol, Datril, and others), antacids (Alka-Seltzer, Di-Gel, Gelusil, Maalox, Pepto-Bismol, Rolaids, Tums), Accutane, antihistamines, aspirin, cold and cough medicine, decongestants, estrogens.
- Avoid eating rare or undercooked meat, or poultry.
- Do not take any preparations containing shark cartilage.
- Do not use an electric blanket.
Gina is a certified nutritional consultant and Postpartum Doula. She is the founder of Ageless Healing, a holistic practice in Topanga, California, in which she combines classical homeopathy, a personalized nutritional program and healthy lifestyle practices. In 2001, Gina created Ageless Healing Holistic Skin Care, a collection of organic products, which specialize in skin nutrition and regeneration for natural beauty. Try the “Goddess Butter” to prevent stretch marks.
a consultation please call Gina at 310-455-2224
Cancellation must be made 24 hours in advance or full charges apply.